Rules of participation
Please note: The registration is only valid once the entry fee has been paid. The entry fee must be paid to the dealerships as mentioned:
|Name||City||Contact No.||Email Id|
Lotus Trade Centre, Unit No. 101, Ground Flr, Andheri (W), Mumbai 400053.
|Mumbai||+91 9664 478 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Suyog Platinum Towers, 1 Naylor Road, Next to Hotel Conrad & Oakwood Premiere, Pune 411001.
|Pune||+91 7770 019 email@example.com|
E Block, Ajanta Corporate House, Titanium Square, Thaltej Crossroad, SG Highway, Ahmedabad 380054
|Ahmedabad||+91 8980 007 firstname.lastname@example.org|
55/2-1, Lavelle Road, Bengaluru 560001.
|Bengaluru||+91 7259 512 email@example.com|
- The entry fee includes the training costs, accommodation and F&B for all days from 27-29 October.
- The event is not conceived as a race against time but as a test of accomplishment and ability, i.e. participants are required to accomplish different tests in accordance with their physical, mental and riding skills.
- Participation is open to entrants with any BMW Motorrad Enduro motorcycle that is licensed for road use.
- There are limited slots for the qualifier. Entry is on first cum first serve basis.
- The entry fee is INR 20,000 inclusive of all taxes.
- In order to take part, participants must be prepared to face challenges of an unusual nature with their motorcycles, in the type of conditions that are typically encountered in off-road sport, and which may, depending on the weather, be considerably muddy or dusty.
- The event comprises of training and later qualifiers.
- Sanitary facilities will be available at the training and qualifying venue.
- The organiser and his/her agents/assistants accept no liability for a participant's health risks in connection with his/her participation in the event. It is the responsibility of each participant to undergo a health check prior to taking part. Any medications required must be procured by the participant in sufficient quantities. The participant takes part in the event at his/her own responsibility. The organiser is only liable for damage that has been caused by him/her or by one of his/her agents/assistants with intent or gross negligence or through violation of principal or essential contractual obligations (cardinal obligations) as well as for damage from injury to life, body and/or health.
- The event is open both to amateur riders with no sports experience and skilled riders who have undergone training.
- During the qualifying rounds, the participants will be given a range of different tests at varying levels of difficulty to complete. A participant may refuse participation in any test but in this event he/she will not receive any points and will, if applicable, receive the maximum number of penalty points.
- Participants are responsible for obtaining their own fuel. A petrol station is located nearby the event location as well.
- We recommend using enduro tyres for road use (e.g. Metzeler Karoo 3)
- Participation is only possible with a motorcycle that is licensed and in technically flawless condition. The organiser reserves the right to exclude vehicles from the event that are of dubious technical condition.
- All persons entering the contest must be legally competent and have reached the age of 18 at the time of participation.
- Only participants with a valid Indian passport can be accepted.
- Participation is only permitted when the participant wears complete protective equipment and is in possession of a valid driving license.
- The following persons are not entitled to take part in the qualifying rounds- previous International GS Trophy participants, employees of BMW AG, proprietors of a BMW dealership, instructors working for BMW Motorrad and/or holders of an Inter/Class B license for motorcycle motorsport.
- The team from India for the International GS Trophy 2018 will consist of 3 riders only.
- The applicable road traffic regulations must be adhered to at all times. Violation of this or the use of unauthorized routes will lead to the participant being excluded from the event. Similarly, violations against the rules of participation and speed limits as well as behavior that endangers other participants may result in exclusion from the event. In such situations, the decision lies solely with the organizer.
- If the organizer is authorized in the event of a force majeure or obliged by official regulations or for reasons of security to effect changes to the running of the event or to cancel or terminate it, he/she will not be under any obligation to give compensation to the participant, moreover the participation fee will not be reimbursed.
- The participant agrees that any photographs, films or interviews for radio, television, Internet, print media, books or photomechanical duplication made in connection with the event may be broadcast, published or used for publicity purposes without him/her having any claim to payment. The passing on of personal data to third parties, with the exception of member companies of the BMW Group, is excluded. Should participants object in retrospect to the processing or use of their data, they may disagree to it without charge.
- By registering for the event, the participant recognizes the rules of participation.